Stand 142 (Hall B6)
|fids3 - Advanced FIDS Technology|
Fids3 is a state-of-the-art Flight Information Display System (FIDS)
of the 3rd generation based on the latest software technology. It has been developed by German software engineers and is perfectly designed as all-in-one solution for all sizes of airports or
as Browser-Based Intranet Staff System and/or airline differentiated check-in counter (layout-)control
system for existing system environments.
What is the 3rd generation of FIDS (Flight Information Display System) ? Use the link attached to the picture above to get explanations
||Fids3 monitor layouts installed on Medinah International Airport (Saudi Arabia) in Dec 2010.
Key facts of the advanced and future-proof technology of Fids3
- No proprietary hardware needed (off-the-shelf equipment only, independency, cost-cutting)
- Intuitive, simple-to-use browser-based client interface, no client software needed
- Maintenance-free, very stable operation (performance certifications available)
- Extremely fast operation (high-auto threading and caching, logical displays, multi-processor architecture support)
- Mobile media support (e.g. iPad, iPhone, Android OS)
- Full Internet/Intranet connectivity
- All international character sets supported (e.g. Arabic, Hindi, Chinese)
- Arabic Hijri date format support
- All operator messages in local language and character sets available (e.g. Arabic)
- Unlimited scalability (monitors, browser clients etc.)
- Advanced features (e.g. check-in counter handling with 1-click selection of an airline-individual monitor layout with native language support)
- SMS gateway, email notifications, Internet upload, weather data access (METAR)
- Slide shows, Video/Flash media rotators, free text and static pages, news ticker
- Comprehensive custom uploads (e.g. airline logos, weather icons, advertising playing lists)
- Generically flight update notifications for remote systems (SMS, Email, TCP sockets, FTP, HTTP)
- Remote system interfacing (Public Announcement, SITA, CUPPS, AODB, AFTN)
- Foreign manufactured display controllers supported (e.g. Split-flap, LED, LCD)
- Full compliance to International Air Transport Association (IATA)
- World's only FIDS evaluation Internet server
Anytime in the future every FIDS will be designed like this one.
What can I fids3 use for ?
Fids3 is an universal, web-based intranet/internet communication platform
actual flight handling on your airport. It additionally can act as full-featured
(Flight Information Display System) as well. Unlimited browser-based clients
can be added. All clients can read and/or manipulate flight data (authentication/authorizatiuon structure is provided)
from everywhere in the net. Variations of use listed below.
- Web-based communication platform
- Classic intranet FIDS with monitors, LCD boards etc.
- Browser based staff system
- Web server system for representative internet appearance and flight tracking
- Client (internal/external) notification platform for flight updates
- All-in-one standalone system
If you want to use fids3 as staff-, mobile proxy-, webserver- or subsystem to
control any portion of peripheral devices, a software module for data synchronization
with the existing (master) fids and fids3 is the only thing you have to add.
Fids3 provides a wide range of client notification interfaces
as well. This feature is an easy
way to notify external clients (e.g. car rentals, hotel lobbies, cargo/catering facilities,,,) using
standard communication structures (SMS, Email, HTTP, FTP, TCP Sockets). Every client registered then get notified
(event driven) about topical flight updates.