Stand 142 (Hall B6)
|fids3 - Advanced FIDS Technology|
Fids3 is a state-of-the-art Flight Information Display System (FIDS)
of the 3rd generation based on the latest software technology. It has been developed by German software engineers and is perfectly designed as all-in-one solution for all sizes of airports or
as Browser-Based Intranet Staff System and/or airline differentiated check-in counter (layout-)control
system for existing system environments.
What is the 3rd generation of FIDS (Flight Information Display System) ? Use the link attached to the picture above to get explanations
||Fids3 monitor layouts installed on Medinah International Airport (Saudi Arabia) in Dec 2010.
Key facts of the advanced and future-proof technology of Fids3
- No proprietary hardware needed (off-the-shelf equipment only, independency, cost-cutting)
- Intuitive, simple-to-use browser-based client interface, no client software needed
- Maintenance-free, very stable operation (performance certifications available)
- Extremely fast operation (high-auto threading and caching, logical displays, multi-processor architecture support)
- Mobile media support (e.g. iPad, iPhone, Android OS)
- Full Internet/Intranet connectivity
- All international character sets supported (e.g. Arabic, Hindi, Chinese)
- Arabic Hijri date format support
- All operator messages in local language and character sets available (e.g. Arabic)
- Unlimited scalability (monitors, browser clients etc.)
- Advanced features (e.g. check-in counter handling with 1-click selection of an airline-individual monitor layout with native language support)
- SMS gateway, email notifications, Internet upload, weather data access (METAR)
- Slide shows, Video/Flash media rotators, free text and static pages, news ticker
- Comprehensive custom uploads (e.g. airline logos, weather icons, advertising playing lists)
- Generically flight update notifications for remote systems (SMS, Email, TCP sockets, FTP, HTTP)
- Remote system interfacing (Public Announcement, SITA, CUPPS, AODB, AFTN)
- Foreign manufactured display controllers supported (e.g. Split-flap, LED, LCD)
- Full compliance to International Air Transport Association (IATA)
- World's only FIDS evaluation Internet server
Anytime in the future every FIDS will be designed like this one.
Click on the monitor layout to get it displayed in its original size and quality
What can I fids3 use for ?
Fids3 is an universal, web-based intranet/internet communication platform
actual flight handling on your airport. It additionally can act as full-featured
(Flight Information Display System) as well. Unlimited browser-based clients
can be added. All clients can read and/or manipulate flight data (authentication/authorizatiuon structure is provided)
from everywhere in the net. Variations of use listed below.
- Web-based communication platform
- Classic intranet FIDS with monitors, LCD boards etc.
- Browser based staff system
- Web server system for representative internet appearance and flight tracking
- Client (internal/external) notification platform for flight updates
- All-in-one standalone system
If you want to use fids3 as staff-, mobile proxy-, webserver- or subsystem to
control any portion of peripheral devices, a software module for data synchronization
with the existing (master) fids and fids3 is the only thing you have to add.
Fids3 provides a wide range of client notification interfaces
as well. This feature is an easy
way to notify external clients (e.g. car rentals, hotel lobbies, cargo/catering facilities,,,) using
standard communication structures (SMS, Email, HTTP, FTP, TCP Sockets). Every client registered then get notified
(event driven) about topical flight updates.